Conditions of Use
By accessing GIS data from the Departmental Server or the Departmental website, you affirm your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- You have read, understood, and agreed to the Department of Environmental Affair’s GIS disclaimer. GIS data is included under this disclaimer.
- This data has been developed using public funds. The data is therefore in the public domain. You agree that you will not sell this data, you will not sell access to the data, nor will you provide for such to be sold.
- The Department has acquired many of these data sets from outside sources. Some of the data sets have been modified for department’s purposes. If you want to be sure that you are using data as provided by these outside sources, you understand that you will need to acquire the data from these sources.
- You acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to the Department’s GIS Data and Map Distribution Policy and Procedure.
- You acknowledge that the Department of Environmental Affairs does not guarantee that the data and map services will be available to you without interruption or error. Furthermore, the Department of Environmental Affairs may modify or remove data sets, map services and access methods at will.
The Department of Environmental Affairs acquires, develops, maintains, and uses GIS data in support of its internal business functions and the public services it provides. The GIS data which the department distributes and to which it provides access may not be suitable for other purposes or uses.
All GIS data sets are provided "as is" with no warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any information derived from the GIS data before making any decisions or taking any actions based on the information. Use of all GIS data and map services provided by the department are covered by this disclaimer.