Conditions of Use:
By accessing GIS data from the Departmental Server or the Departmental website, you affirm your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- You have read, understood, and agreed to the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE), GIS disclaimer. GIS data is included under this disclaimer.
- This data has been developed using public funds. The data is therefore in the public domain. You agree that you will not sell this data, you will not sell access to the data, nor will you provide for such to be sold.
- The Department has acquired many of these data sets from outside sources. Some of the data sets have been modified for department’s purposes. If you want to be sure that you are using data as provided by these outside sources, you understand that you will need to acquire the data from these sources.
- You acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to the Department’s GIS Data and Map Distribution Policy and Procedure.
- You acknowledge that the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment don't guarantee that the data and map services will be available to you without interruption or error. Furthermore, the Department may modify or remove data sets, map services and access methods at will.
The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environmental acquires, develops, maintains, and uses GIS data in support of its internal business functions and the public services it provides. The GIS data which the department distributes and to which it provides access may not be suitable for other purposes or uses.
- SA Protected Areas Data (SAPAD);
- SA Conservation Areas Data (SACAD);
- SA Marine Protected Areas Zonations (SAMPAZ);
General Discharge Authorisation Areas (GDA);
- SA Renewable Energy EIA Application Database (REEA);
- SA Landcover Data (SANLC);
- Geographic Areas Data:
- REDZ Power Corridors;
- REDZ Development Zones;
- EGI Expansion Corridors;
- Strategic GAS Pipeline Network;
- Gauteng EMF Zone 1 and 5